Fort Knox, Kentucky

My wife and I had an appointment earlier this week and we liked very much what we heard. The representative was very respectful and helpful. He did ask for money at the end of the presentation which did last for two hours (I did not mind). Initially he asked for $500 and once I told him I did not have the money he did tell me $100 would be fine. So I wrote him a check and my wife and I signed all the paperwork. He promised 2.5% for the first 39 months and if the rate did go up after the 39 months that it could only go up by 1% and would cap out at 3.5% at year 4. Example:

39 months - 2.5%

Year 4 - 3.5%

Year 5 - 4.5%

Year 6 - 5.5% and so on to where it eventually caped out at 7.5% and would not go any higher than 7.5%. He also stated the chances of the house market going up for four years straight were slim. So we agreed to close on 14 June which is next week. So I decided to get on line and check these guys out and all I am getting is horror stories. My wife told me she no longer wants to do the deal and put a stop on the check. However, all the horror stories I see on here are all about their tactics and marketing. Has anyone actually gone through with the process and had a bad experience. If you have please let me know because this seems like a great deal. I really do not care about the calling all the time and the man was rude thing. I want to know if anyone did the deal and after their 39 months the rate went above 1%. Please let me know. Thanks!

Had an Experience with Mortgage Investors Corporation?

Comments

Fishers, Indiana, United States #855507

Mike is exactly right.Even with the balance coming down each year, the amount of years are coming down as well.

So if the rate goes up a 1% each year, the payment will drastically increase. Thats the risk you have to be willing to take because it is a possibility. You must be prepared for the worst case scenario. Especially since the Fed Reserve has been keeping rates low for the past few year by buying bonds and mortgage backed securities.

That program is ending in October. The fed wont be putting any more money into the bond market so rates could really shoot up. ARM loans are designed for active service men and women who will only be in the home 3 to 5 years then selling and moving. They aren't in any real danger.

Or if a person can afford to pay double or triple their minimum payment to pay down the balance as fast as possible, an ARM is good also. if you can only make the minimum payment. You could be at risk once the rate starts adjusting. Its usually a better idea to take out a ARM when rates are high with the hope that rates go down.

If you take out an ARM when rates are at their lowest, there is really no where for the rate to go but up. Also sub vet is wrong. With fixed rate loans, you are still only paying interest on your current balance, not the beginning balance. ARMS and fixed are the same in that aspect.

Even though your payment doesn't change with a fixed, u are still only paying interest on the previous months...

With an ARM, that is only true for the first 3 years while you are in your fixed period.Once your rate starts going up, you can end up paying more and more in interest each year.

Ocala, Florida, United States #678761

Amazing how the vast majority of negative comments are by nitwits who didn't use MIC, but the positive comments are by those who actually understood the deal and went through with it.

Sometimes people are so *** it's embarrassing. :eek

Ramah, Colorado, United States #664176

Me and my wife refinanced our loan with MIC over a year ago at 2.5% interest.It took our payments down by 200 dollars per month.

We absolutly love the program and the salesman that sold it to us. Just today I got a call from a "veterans program" that wanted to help out vets. "vets helping vets" that told me MIC was a scam and to come to this website to look at all the people complaining about MIC and other than the standard BS comments from that company anyone that I have talked to that has used MIC has been very happy with them.

I am also very happy with them.Funny when I told the Vets helping Vets people this the guy became very unhelpful.

Joppa, Illinois, United States #659789

I used the progam 3years ago I went from a 6% fixed rate.MIC came to my house and explained this program to me.

I did the math and went with it. To make a long story short I recieved a call this morning to inform me that I was eligable to lower my rate to 2% locked in for 39 months.

Not sure if I just got lucky on timing but has worked very well for me.

HAPPY

O ya USAA SUCK BAD to ever deal with if disaster strikes.I am in Roswell, NM not prescot AZ (Internet provider IP address).

YES they are in it for $!Always ask to buy points, bi weekly payments, weatherization loan and anything that will help.

Ok this company sends TONS of junk mail and even calls after I was in process.I have 5.75 30yr.

So 2.5 for 39 months sounds good. It's based off 1 yr bond. So worst case it would be 7 yrs before I would be paying more interest 6.5 with 7.5 cap. Well If you do double payments first 39 months it pays off.

Fixed loan charges interest on full Loan amount. If your interest gos up with MIC, they only charge interest on balance owed. I'm thinking I got 6 years or more pprobably of lower interest...Grate time to knock the balance down with extra payments and I can always improve my credit score and refinance with another bank in 5-8 yrs.

PUSHY, ACT LIKE YOUR DUMB (Sorry I'm educated), JUNK MAIL like weekly, Waiting to see all the BS fees and NO funding fee for 100% disabled vets.BTW Lean(s) MUST be paid off by yourself at closing $$$ and lean holders NEVER want to settle for a fair price.

I am currently doing this program. Yes, I listened to the pitch, and being a salesman myself, it wasn't that bad, didn't push beyond my limits. He was polite, knowledgeable, and a veteran himself. I first rejected everything he said, as I've heard a lot about ARMS, but if there is something I've learned as a salesman, it is that not everything you hear is true. You must listen/research all the information before deciding for yourself, rather than basing your decision on speculation and beliefs about what you 'think' you know.

All in all, it's a good program, with a high startup cost, but doable in the long term. For us, it fits our needs. We plan to use the savings to keep paying down the principle, thus making the annual amortization more benefical for us, more than covering the startup cost, and the cost of our last refi, and still bringing the balance down too, enough so that at the end of our fixed rate, even if 'worst case scenario' happens, we will never owe more than now, even after 8 years with the 5% max increase. Plus, if we drop the escrow refund into it, another drop in the balance. And this system also allows us to pocket money and have an option for the occasional rough month everyone has.

My advice, look into your own numbers and life goals, see what's best for you. This isn't for everyone, just like a 30yr fixed isn't for everyone either! You need to find what program works best for you, and go with it!

8000 dollars for funding fee

3000 a year towards mortgage at 3%

9000 to mic for 3 yrs, rates go up to 4% and basically hover at original cost. i could almost shoot myself in the head for something this ***!

Original 166000 zero fees on new home

MIC 2nd 8000 174000 3yrs 165,000 maybe

There is nothing worse then being taken advantage of other then well being taken advantage of.